Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hello Chess World!

Welcome to my Chess Progress Blog!

Here I will document my treacherous path to becoming a Chess Master.  I estimate my rating ~1700 OTB. I actually have not played a long OTB game in >10 years.  In fact, I have not played many blitz games in the last couple of years.  I am just getting back to chess and I am still rusty. My current ICC 5-min rating ~1400 after ~50 games. I will use my ICC 5-min rating as a ruler of my progress. I am a slow thinker and I am a stronger player in longer games, but I don't have the time to play them.  I think if my blitz rating shows an improvement my strength at longer time control should improve as well.

Right now the plan is to solve tactical puzzles and to play on ICC occasionally to monitor my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment