Saturday, September 25, 2010

About Me

About me: My goal is to reach 2200 Elo Fide by the time I am 60 (preferably sooner).  I am in my late 30s and I don't have much time to spend on chess. Therefore, my study plan needs to be both flexible and efficient. I will be mainly using chess training software from Convekta.

According to the chess trainer Irina Mikhailova practicing with the software from Convekta can make huge contribution to chess improvement of even >2200 elo players http://www.convekta.com/softscho/l1/lesson_3.html .Therefore, the choice of the software is clear.

Now what's the most efficient way of training? I will be working on my study plan as I go along. I have learned about chess improvement via my own experience. Also I have been reading what's available online including many excellent blogs of players trying to replicate Michael De La Maza's results http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_De_La_Maza .

My immediate plan is to focus on my main weakness - tactics!

No comments:

Post a Comment